Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fields of Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting






     Personally for me, baking is the funnest form of cooking, especially cup cakes! Baking cup cakes is the B's and E's to my honey comb trees! (yes, I just made that up.) Anyway, I wanted to try a new cup cake recipe so I decided to combine my two favorite things: cupcakes and strawberry cheesecake! 



     That's right, I made strawberry cheesecake cupcakes! (Like a boss) Although this was no easy task. It was a quite messy and tedious mission. First I must inform you the ingredients that went into this concoction:


For the Cupcakes


  • 4 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 Strawberry Cake Mix
  • 1 pound fresh (or frozen and thawed) strawberries, hulled and a little sugar or simple syrup, if needed to make ¾ cup of strawberry puree
For the Cheesecake
  • 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
For the Frosting
  • 3 cups white chocolate chips
  • ¾ cup heavy cream
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter





My first problem was with the strawberries! One thing I learned from this experience: read the instructions very carefully. The recipe called for a pound of strawberries. Therefore I blended all the strawberries except 3 that I wanted to save for toppings. After I blended them, I happily poured the smoothie like mixture into the strawberry cake batter. All of it! re- read the instructions, and turns out I somehow managed to miss the part where I was only suppose to put 3/4 a cup of blended strawberries! 



Well, even with this mistake, I was determined and pressed forward! By the way, the strawberry cake batter/ blended fresh strawberry mixture smelt so amazing, I felt like I was dancing in a strawberry field! (that scent should come in a candle.)


Well after the strawberry mess up, I realized I was suppose to mix the butter separate from the strawberry cake mix and combine them later. Although, I  just made sure to mix the sour cream and eggs separately and then added it to the strawberry-butter-cake mixture!



Then! Seeing as this was strawberry CHEESECAKE cupcakes, I had to make the cheesecake part which was quite simple. No separations, you just blended everything together. That everything being: sugar, creme cheese, eggs, and vanilla. Easy-peasy!


After I was done mixing this together, I had to do exactly 2 Tbs of the strawberry mixture, and 2 Tbs of the cheesecake mixture in each cupcake cup. (This took some time) Then they had to bake in the for about 19 minutes, and while they were baking in the oven I had to start on the cake frosting.

      The cake frosting consisted of white chocolate chips and butter melted in with heavy cream. I tasted a spoonful of this mixture before putting it in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes. It felt like I was melting in heaven! The white chocolatey, buttery, creamy, taste just melted so smoothly and gracefully in my mouth. I took another taste and reluctantly put it in the fridge before tempted to eat it all.


The recipe made a total of 36 cupcakes, so after the cupcakes were done baking and cooling, I whipped out the frosting! (literally) I had to beat the now cold frosting until it was nice and whipped and fluffy. Then I used a plastic bag to squeeze the frosting on top of the cupcakes, finishing it off with pieces of strawberry on top! 

   Even though the cupcakes were like a beautiful Valentines Day in cake form, and I wanted to try one right then and there... they were meant to be served cold. Therefore I refrigerated them for about an hour and a half. Afterwards, I pulled them out, eager to take a bite, and was instantly thrown into the amazing strawberry cheesecake cupcake vortex. All the flavors mashed so perfectly together! The white chocolate frosting's buttery sweet taste was the first to hit my taste buds. Then the smooth texture of the milky buttery flavored creme cheese was next, followed by a burst of spongey strawberry fields! It was amazing! I had practically my whole family in love with these treats for the rest of the week. I made these on June 20th, and there is just one left in my refrigerator! (it's looking a little soggy today, therefore I'd say these cupcakes last about 6 days.)

 I'm really looking forward to making these delicious treats for the next family get together. Everybody should definitely give them a try. For the full recipe, click the link below.












2 comments:

  1. I really love your first picture since it looks like a field of cupcakes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your article. It sounds like you had a lot of fun making these! They look pretty and I bet they taste even better!

    ReplyDelete