Friday, June 8, 2012

Paesano's Ristorante - Plano, TX

Paesano's is an Italian restaurant in Plano, Texas, which is just north of Dallas.  The restaurant is located right off of Highway 75 and 15th Street, but it isn't something you notice right away.  It is on the older side of town, and the building doesn't look like much of anything.  I had honestly never even noticed this building before, and would probably never have gone there, but my mom recommended it to me as a good place to try and had raved about how good the food was there, as well as affordable.

So, I went to Paesano's for lunch yesterday with a friend of mine.  When you go inside, it looks a lot nicer than I expected from seeing the outside.   The inside was very nicely decorated and very cozy and inviting.  The booths were lined up against a wall, and they were somewhat private, and they had curtains on the outside that looked like they could close.

The service was very good.   We were greeted and seated promptly, and our server was extremely friendly.  The restaurant closed for lunch at 2:00 and we arrived around 1:40, but she was very accommodating and cheerful despite the fact that we probably caused her shift to last a bit longer. 

The menu consisted of many traditional Italian options, including pasta, pizza, and different entrees with chicken, veal, and seafood.  They also had a variety of wines and desserts.  They also had lunch specials, which is what we both ordered from.

There were several items that looked good, and we had a hard time deciding what to order.  However, our waitress highly recommended the Sicilian Chicken, saying it was "close to the best thing on this planet."  With a recommendation like that, I knew that was what I was going to try.  The Sicilian Chicken was a breaded chicken filet with a basil cream sauce, and it came with spaghetti with marinara sauce, and vegetables.  The basil cream sauce was a light sauce, and the chicken was extremely tender and delicious.  I'm not sure it was quite "the best thing on this planet," but it was very tasty.

My friend ordered the stromboli.  The stromboli was filled with vegetables, mushrooms, onions, pepperoni, and sausage.  As she cut into it, she remarked about how crispy the outside was.  She said she would have preferred if it had a little more meat, but that overall it was good, and the vegetables were very fresh.

Our meals also came with bread and garlic and olive oil dipping sauce, and a choice of soup or salad.  I ordered the house salad, which consisted of lettuce, tomato, onion, pepper, and feta cheese, with the house dressing.  My friend selected the minestrone soup, which had large chunks of yellow squash, zucchini, carrots, celery, potatoes, and pepper in a tomato broth. 

Overall, I really enjoyed lunch at Paesano's.  The food was great, and the service was friendly, and I really liked the environment as well.  I would definitely return again. 

6 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try this restaurant. After reading your blog I think I will have to go soon! The bread and garlic and olive oil dipping sauce sound appealing, and I really want to try out the Sicilian Chicken now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Plano! I haven't been here in years though, but after reading your review, I want to go again and try the Sicilian Chicken. Your description of the restaurant interior was really accurate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, cool! Not too many people at TLU live up here! :D

      Delete
  3. When I am back up in the DFW area in August I will drag my sister to this restaurant, it sounds really like an adorable place with pretty good italian food! Your mom said it was cheap, how cheap? I'm just asking because I wonder if it will counter the gas money spent and would it be worth it? I also love your description of the interior, but when you say cozy and inviting what exactly does that mean! I am a major fan of the curtains though!! Thank you for sharing! I am intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess it would depend where in DFW you are - It's on the north side of Dallas, so if you're up there you should try it! Lunch was about 5-9 dollars depending on what you order. My chicken was on the more expensive side, but I went for it since it was so highly recommended.

      Delete
  4. I like this post, it covers all the basis of the restaurant and the photos leave me craving italian goodness. I could use a little more description though: why wasn't it the best thing on the planet for you? How could it have improved? Also Basil for me is usually a tangy herb, how did that come across as a cream sauce?

    ReplyDelete