Thursday, June 23, 2022

Recipe Review

For my recipe review, I went with a classic and one of my all-time favorite desserts, peach cobbler. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. This recipe was created by the user known as JAN RECIPES. I chose this particular one because it was very similar to the way my mother makes it, and it uses almost all the exact same ingredients and steps. My family has been making this dish for as long as I can remember. I’ve never seen the process take place, so I thought why not make one for myself. Not to mention, Father’s Day was this past Sunday, and I haven’t had peach cobbler in years. As I made this on Saturday, I thought I could do something special for my dad.

As complicated of a “pie” as peach cobbler perceives, this recipe was fairly simple and straightforward. However, there were some slight tweaks we made to the recipe as we went along. Instead of a 10 x 10 baking dish, we used a 10 x 16 dish just for a little bigger of a serving. Also, we added the butter with the peaches, cinnamon, and sugar in step two, instead of step three. Otherwise, the rest of the procedure was taken with the same caution as the recipe. Like I said, this recipe was very similar to the way my mother has made it in the past. We only made these changes because this is the way my mother has been used to doing it. Although they were minor changes, they shouldn’t make a major difference. The two mixtures in steps two and three were eventually poured all together, and it would’ve come out and tasted the same at the end of the day.

The finished product looked outstanding and came out a lot better than I thought it would; especially on my first try. As seen below, we wanted to add some Pillsbury pie crusts as a bottom layer and on top for decoration to give it a bit of firmness and crunch to the texture. I expect the peach cobbler to be really sweet considering the heavy serving of white and brown sugar that was required. Likewise, there was a buttery and cinnamon aroma to it that should contribute to a sweet taste as well.

The final taste was incredible. It wasn’t too sweet either. The crust was the perfect texture, as it melts in your mouth. Not only were the peaches evenly sized throughout each bite, but they weren’t soggy either. My peach cobbler tasted just as good, if not better, than my mom used to make. There wasn’t anything that was missing from it and/or needed to be added to make the dish better. I will definitely be making this dish in the future again, especially since I’m able to prepare it on my own now. Furthermore, I will eventually follow the recipe exactly as written next time to see if there’s actually a difference, which I doubt there is. Otherwise, the steps I took were just fine and taste exactly how I like it.

Peach Cobbler II Recipe | Allrecipes


 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Roland, my family loves peach cobbler and we make it at least once a year. Ive never made it by using pie crust, but it looked good especially if it is your first time making it. Normally my family uses frozen or fresh peaches, do you think that would affect the flavor too much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had peach cobbler before, what would you say is the rate of difficulty for this recipe with 1 being super easy to 10 being extremely difficult?

    ReplyDelete