Monday, June 6, 2022

Restaurant Review: Denise Casas

The restaurant I tried for the first time is called Ebi-Ebi Sushi. I'm not a sushi fan and assumed that it was just raw ingredients served at this location. I called the restaurant and asked if they had cooked type food and was told, "Yes." I was excited! I can finally try it! I see it every day, coming and going to and from work. It's easy to find and very close to TLU. The restaurant is located across the street from Guadalupe County Court House in downtown Seguin, Tx. I didn't get a picture of it today. I would have had to stand in traffic to get a good picture of the front. The inside is small but inviting to guests. There is a good downtown vibe around this location. Stores along the square bring people to shop. Do you know what happens when you shop? You get hungry! It's a perfect place to rest and cure your hunger while enjoying some great food.  

Once I stepped inside, it didn't really impress me with the décor. It's a very basic place with tables and chairs. The appearance wasn't deceiving but did match the outside of the building. The restaurant has a small front facing the street. It was rather quiet! I went around 11:15 a.m. before the noon rush. When the server brought the menu, it was a little overwhelming! It had multiple pages and an insert with items front and back. It took me a while to figure out where items were located on the menu. I would have posted it but there would literally be at least six photos, not counting the insert page. Once I figured it out, then I was ready to order!


I tried an appetizer called Dragon Balls. It’s fried rice balls with crab meat and cream cheese in the middle. Then, they drizzle an eel sauce on the top. You get two for $8.25. 



I broke it open and was surprised at how much crab was actually inside of them. The crab, cream cheese and rice are a great pairing of these ingredients. 



They were delicious! The creaminess of the cream cheese with the crab, soft rice inside and crunch rice exterior was phenomenal! The eel sauce had a sweet note to it. You could have this as entrée too! Needless to say, I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow! YUM!😋

Next was my soup that came with the entrée. It's a clear broth with green onions, mushrooms, and crispy bits! The soup was very light and didn't feel heavy like others I've tried in the past. 





The soup is amazing! Once you taste it, an immediate comfort sets in and makes you feel at home.  

My entrée was next! 




I was impressed with how much food was served and the quality too! The shrimp, chicken and sautéed vegetables were cooked perfectly! Usually, fried rice can be a little on the salty side but it wasn't in this dish. It too, was a winner in my book! The soup and entrée was $13.95. If you just want chicken for your protein, the price is $11.95. The service was great! Our server was very nice! The food came quickly and the order was correct. 

The dessert options were cheese cake, lava cake, and mochi ice cream. Dessert was a separate charge. I didn't try dessert but mochi ice cream sounds delicious. 

I'll be back to this location to try a Yakisoba entrée and Mochi ice cream soon! If you're downtown Seguin, Tx, give Ebi-Ebi Sushi a try, you won't leave disappointed! 





4 comments:

  1. Hello Denise, I might have to try this place out when I get back to campus. I'm a big fan of sushi, especially sushi rolls, did you happen to notice any on the menu? Did the menu have pictures on them, and did you get exactly what you thought you would?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the menu was quiet lengthy and was afraid it would take up too much space in this blog. I did take pictures though and will email them to you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Denise! I'm so happy to know that there is a delicious and affordable sushi place near TLU. I've been trying to find new sushi places in the area since we began the process of returning to campus. I know you mentioned you aren't a big sushi person but did any of the sushi rolls tempt you to try them? If not, what were some of the other entrees that also seemed like delicious alternatives for none-sushi lovers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably try the San Antonio Roll. It consist of fried crab sticks, cream cheese, and cucumber, topped with avocado, drizzled with eel sauce. It was $13.75. The other cooked dish I want to go back and try too is a Yakisoba dish. It consists of a protein, stir fried noodles with mixed vegetables.

      Delete