Friday, July 12, 2019

I visited Saigon Bistro that is located off of court street right next to Grand buffet and across the street from HEB in Seguin. I had just recently had a tooth pulled so finding somewhere to eat where i can have solid food was quite difficult until i realized i could eat soup or any type of noodles. I had visited there before and i knew of the different types of food i could eat, and i though it would be perfect to go with my father. We had gone to Saigon Bistro around 11:30, before the lunch rush came through, and there was very few people inside eating. When we sat down, the waiter came to us very fast as there was hardly anyone inside, and he took our drink orders first. My father had gotten a water and i had gotten a strawberry smoothie. I usually get these black tapioca pearls, called boba, but since i cannot chew properly, so i didn't get them that time.
After ordering my drink, both my father and i had ordered the same meal, Vermicelli bowl with lemon grass pork and egg roll. The price is pretty fair so its an easy place to eat for both time and budget wise. The noodles were rice noodles, and with this bowl you can have a selection of either beef, pork, or grilled shrimp. I had went with the lemon grass pork as its my favorite. In this bowl, there are a variety of vegetables inside, which are lettuce, cucumbers and sliced carrots. This bowl is great with peanuts, however i did not have any because of my recent surgery. The red sauce is fish sauce, and when you mix all the stuff in the bowl, you pour that over it and it enhances the flavor. The egg roll is just a simple egg roll that comes with the vermicelli bowl. There are different types of foods at this restaurant, one of which is Pho which is another favorite dish of mine. This restaurant is a place i would recommend if you just want to have a simple sit down lunch with friends or family. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Saigon Bistro sounds like a great place! The smoothie and the meal especially looks delicious with the lemon grass pork! I wonder what the restaurant is like during lunch rush, though Perhaps that might affect the overall atmosphere of the place.I will definitely consider trying that restaurant out, thanks to your recommendations. I am sorry to hear that the pulled tooth gives you trouble while eating, but I do hope you feel better later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a really good job with the pictures and describing the place. It sounds like a good place to try. One suggestion I have is to proof read after writing the post. I noticed you have a few i instead of I. I do this a lot and have to remind myself to check for them. Overall I think you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete