Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Lemon pepper chicken breast

For this last post, I didn’t know what to pick for my recipe review. I don’t usually do a lot of cooking outside of pbj sandwiches and chicken. I didn’t want to get too crazy with this recipe so I chose something I was familiar with. I personally eat a lot of chicken in my diet, so I decided to research recipes that could change up the taste of my chicken. 

I went on to the Food Network website and scrolled through their most popular chicken recipes. I found one that focused on a lemon pepper taste for the chicken. Lemon pepper is my favorite flavor for chicken wings so I thought it would be different to try it with chicken breasts instead. The recipe page said it would take a total of 1 hour to complete, so not too long. Prep would be 25 minutes, and the baking would take 35 minutes. 

I went to HEB to buy the ingredients which were: ¼ cup of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of garlic, 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper, 4 boneless chicken breasts, and 1 lemon. 

The first step was to preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While I waited for it to heat up, I poured the 1/4 cup of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat on an oven top. Then add the 3 tablespoons of garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but I couldn’t allow the garlic to burn. Right after the heat, I added the lemon juice, lemon zest, and 1 teaspoon salt to the saucepan. I let it stay warm on the oven top for a couple minutes while I prepped the chicken.

I washed the chicken breasts and then place them skin side up over the sauce. I brushed the chicken breasts with the mix of all the ingredients I put together on the saucepan, then sprinkled them with salt and pepper. The chicken baked for 35 minutes, eventually the chicken started to look lightly brown on top and crispy.
 

When the chicken was finally ready, I let it cool down for about 4 minutes. When I tasted the chicken, it was actually really good. The chicken was soft and moist, not dry at all which I look for in chicken. I tasted very similar to lemon pepper wings, which I loved since that’s my favorite wing flavor. I think the sauce I brushed on was the biggest factor to getting the lemon pepper taste. It might be too sour for those who don’t like sour food but I loved it nonetheless. Overall, it was a great and easy recipe that I will definitely be using again in the future. 

4 comments:

  1. The recipe seems easy and a good one to try. I seem to have trouble cooking chicken because it usually ends up dry so maybe this recipe will help. The recipe seems pretty simple and has easy ingredients to get. I think you did a good job of explaining the dish and your picture makes it look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture looks amazing.Is there anything you might alter when you try this again in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken in the pictures look amazing, and they also look very juicy and not dry at all. I think this recipe seems to be a good one to attempt! would you try to use other spices to enhance the flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoyed lemon pepper chicken. I was even going to try that but the chicken needed a full day to thaw out. Anyways some errors I’ve spotted will be addressed. The “I” in “i tasted very similar to lemon pepper wings” should be an “It”. The sentence “cook for just 1 minute but” didn’t make sense as the “but” should be “as” or “since”. The “place” should be “placed” for consistence past tense flow in “places them skin side”. Also “eventually the chicken started” sounded like a new sentence and possibly needed a period before “eventually” . This fix is fine as long as it doesn’t form a sentence fragment for the sentence before “eventually”. Lastly out of convenience, I suggest to copy the url of the webpage with the recipe instead of listing the website only. Everything else looked fine to me so great job!

    ReplyDelete