Wednesday, July 17, 2019

When Life gives you Lemon Yogurt, Try Them!

When Life gives you Lemon Yogurt, Try Them!
(Taste Test Review)

For this post, I decided to go with three yogurt brands to test- Chobani, Oui, and Nossa. I chose these because lemon is my favorite flavor. I also wanted to try out brands I have not tried before. I expect to find out about how their appearances differ from each other and which yogurt has more of a bold taste to it.

I will be drinking water between the products as a way of preventing any bias.  I am also doing this to help clean my palette and not leave any aftertaste behind.

Chobani is a small-sized plastic container. It is a bright yellow, with the lemons printed all around. The logo is printed boldly on the container and lid, making it easily pop out to the eye. The tinfoil lid provides easy peeling and closing of the container.










Oui is smaller and is made of glass. The brand name is navy and cursive, with the yogurt’s flavor written above. The name and drawing of the fruit illustrate the flavor, with the parent company, Yoplait, in small text between them. It also has a tinfoil lid.














Noosa is a plastic container and bigger size-wise. The logo’s printed on the container and black lid. The center is yellow with the flavor’s name written on the lemon silhouette. A tinfoil lid is beneath once it’s taken off, providing the same purpose as the other two.














The appearances shaped my expectations from the designs of the containers and enabled me to foreshadow each brand's differences.


The Chobani lemon and cream yogurt is white with a whipped texture. Once I tasted the sample, I could taste the lemon and cream right away.  It was light on the tongue and easily melted in the mouth. The texture also helps even out the cream and the lemon so the flavors didn't overlap each other.


Oui’s french style lemon yogurt is also white. The smooth texture was the first thing I felt at the tip of my tongue. The lemon was hard to pinpoint at first due to the amount of cream in the yogurt, but still had a nice taste to it. It is not as rich and takes a few moments to dissolve in the mouth. 


Noosa’s lemon yogurt is white and also shares the same smooth texture. It is creamy and the lemon is mixed in the middle. The richness and tanginess of the lemon and cream hit my taste buds straight-on. The texture helped even those out, therefore giving it a more enhanced, yet sweet, flavor.


Noosa is my favorite because of it being a product I haven’t heard of nor tried before. My grandfather said that it tasted really good with his lemon cake, so that also made me interested in the brand. Chobani would be a product I would buy again, but Noosa and Oui would not be on that list. The Oui cost $1.34, with the Noosa coming in second at $1.29. Chobani only cost $1 to get. 

Nutrition-wise, Noosa has 320 calories, 13g of fat, 12g of protein and 35g in sugar. Oui was close with 160 calories, 7g of fat, 5g of protein, and 15g of sugar. Chobani was slightly less with 150 calories, 4.5g of (total) fat, and 14g of sugar. It was 6 numbers higher than Oui protein-wise at 12g.

 I would suggest Chobani because it would be easier nutrition-wise and on the wallet.

4 comments:

  1. Personally i enjoy eating Chobani myself, and i'm glad you gave a thorough review over the other two. If there is any chance, next time you could also include the prices of each yogurt so you could compare those as well, Chobani seems to be the cheapest from your conclusion but what are the exact prices of the three? You don't have to answer that, but its just an overall solution to the question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and I'm actually thinking of adding the prices soon. I realized I forgot to add them in earlier.

      Delete
  2. A few suggestions I would say is changing “when I tasted the sample” to “once I tasted the sample” and form the two sentences in “appearances shaped my expectations” I also would delete “styles” since designs seem to sort of full that spot as well as change “by” to “from”. I would say “appearances shaped my expectations from the designs and enabled me to foreshadow each brand’s differences” . There’s other ways to do this. Other than a period after “preventing any bias”, I’d say solid job on the intro and finishing paragraphs! Interesting choices of quirky yogurts! I’ve never been a yogurt fan but was always curious of imported foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, David, for the suggestions! And thanks on the compliments of the yogurt.

      Delete