Friday, July 12, 2019

La Fiesta Patio Cafe Review




La Fiesta Patio Cafe Review


There are many restaurants to try in Universal City but I decided to go with one that piqued my interest due to the good reviews I've heard about on their Tex-Mex meals. My grandparents and I visited La Fiesta Patio Café. The restaurant is located in Universal City on 1421 Pat Booker Road, with the First Baptist Church building located close by. The neighborhood is appealing by the number of businesses located on the road, including those that specialize in automobiles or auto parts. I chose this restaurant because the city itself is not far from where I live and the drive over there only took around ten minutes. If there was no traffic, then it would have taken only five minutes to get there.

From the outside, the restaurant looks to be the size of a small house. The bright yellow makes the building pop out. The pink lamps and the teal green rails add to the vibrant outlook. I did not choose the restaurant based on the said appearance but rather about the online positive reviews of their Tex-Mex food. When I stepped inside the restaurant, my first impression was the colorful interior. The first room had pink walls and a large painting in the back, along with a fish tank close to the corner going into the kitchen. There were people chatting to each other at the tables and I could smell what I assumed to be enchiladas being cooked. Instrumental Mexican music could be heard on the speakers and sometimes instrumental versions of classic songs played instead.

               The employees were friendly and inviting, greeting my grandparents and me with smiles. They made us feel welcome by letting us choose where to sit and asked about what we wanted to order, after we made ourselves comfortable. The food arrived in a reasonable amount of time and the order was correct. There were no problems at all with the order itself and the prices were cheap.


The chicken Tex-Mex enchilada, nachos, and tacos looked immediately appealing to me, as did the soups. The prices were around $6 to $7 , which were cheap in my eyes and not too expensive.  Once we narrowed down our options, I decide on the chicken Tex-Mex enchilada while my grandparents chose the classic Tex-Mex enchilada. There was nothing unusual on the menu since almost everything on it said that the food was made from scratch. There wasn’t anything I had not heard of before, so I would consider ordering that item.  After we made the order, we were given chips and salsa as appetizers. My grandfather put salt on them to increase the taste. 




When the food arrived, I saw that it was two big enchiladas, smothered with enchilada sauce and cheese. Rice and beans were on the side, with parsley to add a decorative feel to the dish. I cut a piece of the enchiladas to try it out and nothing about the taste was surprising. The chicken had a rich flavor that worked perfectly together with the rest of the meal. You could tell that the ingredients used were fresh and not artificial. My grandmother offered a piece of her classic Tex-Mex for me to try and I could taste same flavor with her entrée.  I would definitely consider ordering this again.

Overall, I would consider returning to this restaurant. Their food is delicious and as described before, the employees make you feel home there. The interior doesn’t fail in providing that feeling, either. I might order the enchiladas again or one of the chicken or beef soft tacos.


3 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for good Mexican food, and I don't live far from Universal City, so this restaurant is definitely going on my list of places to try. I really enjoyed your thorough description of the outside of the restaurant so that people don't just pass by it when they are trying to find it. Also, I liked that you described that while nothing was surprising, everything was still pretty good and tasted very fresh. Sometimes fresh produce is hard to find in smaller restaurants. Overall, I thought the writing was good, other than the beginning was very descriptive, then fluttered out by the end of the post. Other than that, your post made me want chips and salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honestly not a fan of Mexican food, but this place sounds great the try and seems like fairly priced. I do like to try as many restaurants as possible when i can afford them and the way you described the food and pricing sounds like a place to visit. The picture of the chips looks great and makes me want to go make some salsa and corn tortilla chips of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not into enchiladas but the TexMex enchiladas are delicious. If I want enchiladas, I go here.

    ReplyDelete