Friday, July 10, 2015

Giuseppe’s Italian Grill


Giuseppe’s Italian Grill

One of my favorite types of food is Italian. Since moving to Seguin about a year ago I have been searching for a great local Italian restaurant. Giuseppe’s I can now say is a top favorite for Italian cuisine.

I chose this place because a friend told me how great it was while we were conducting our annual reserves training exercise. A good place will always have people who tell others.

The location is ideal because of the proximity to I-10 from HWY 123. Local hotels surround the restaurant adding value to the location.

Outside Giuseppe’s is a little weird as it is a yellow building and I think a little distasteful. Inside is quite another story. The inside is well lit and decorated nicely with paintings of which I assume are of different cities in Italy. The dining room is nice and clean and tables are evenly spaced. Overall the inside looks great.

The service was exceptional and the staff was friendly. The waitress greeted us with a smile and did not waste time in getting our drinks. One thing I liked was having the straws wrapped with the silverware on the table. On the side salad I asked for Italian dressing and since their dressing was not your typical dressing she offered to put it on the side. This was a nice touch. Our food arrived in a timely manner. Our drinks never went empty. The bill was given to us quickly and is paid at the register which I prefer over giving my card to the waiter because it makes splitting the bill easier and saves time when we are ready to go.

The Menu was nothing special but was well organized and was easily readable. They have take-out menus which is nice in case you want to phone in an order.

The food was excellent and we started out with some nice bread rolls. The dinner rolls were soft and baked fresh. There were five of us at the table and plenty of bread for everyone.

 
Next we got our focaccia. This is bread with melted mozzarella and tomatoes. The marina sauce was one of the best I’ve ever had. The bread and cheese melted in my mouth and was delicious.

The salads came out and were nothing special but the homemade dressing was what made it stand out. A homemade tomato vinaigrette that was a perfect balance of vinegar, tomato and herbs. My wife was even surprised which is saying something since she doesn’t like Italian dressing.

For the main course I ordered chicken Parm, My wife ordered a Canadian bacon calzone, and her parents ordered baked ziti and shrimp scampi. They served us so much food that we had to all box our meals before we even started which was great because we got lunch for the next day. The chicken parm was perfectly breaded and had a great assortment of cheese. The spaghetti was amazing and the sauce was exceptional. The calzone was the perfect blend of ricotta and mozzarella.

Overall Giuseppe’s earned 9 out of 10 points and only lost a point for the outside look. This restaurant is now a family favorite and is one of the best Italian places I’ve ever been to.

6 comments:

  1. Giuseppe's sounds like it's a good place to eat! What made the spaghetti sauce stand out from other spaghetti sauces that you've tasted? How was the shrimp scampi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed my visit here as well! I agree with you that it does seem dull from the outside but the inside really took me by surprise. I didn't see that they had the take out orders,but I really liked how they described each dish on the menu. The focaccia looks really delicious in the image that you took and in the way that you described it! I also like the way that you balanced out the textual element and the visual elements in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you included a picture of the inside. It helps me get the feel of the place. Was the spaghetti sauce sweet? What set it apart? What did your in-law think of the ziti? How is the pricing at this place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice shot of the painting inside! It's really lovely. What was the focaccia like? Could you tell the difference in texture/flavor from normal Italian bread, or was that pretty much covered up by the cheese and sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that your post read like a timeline. I felt as though I was having a walk through of both the restaurant and your experience. This kept me engaged until the very end, nicely done. I noticed the food was filling, but did you happen to glance at what types of deserts they had to offer? I'd like to check this place out now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That all sounds really good! I'd like to hear more about the flavors of the dishes. Do you think you'd order your meal again or would you want to try something new what about your wife and In-Laws? Is there anything you would want to change about your experience?

    ReplyDelete