Friday, July 10, 2015

Valentino's Pizza Joint


I am currently stuck in Seguin with my research and there are not a lot of different restaurants here. I decided to branch out to San Marcos where one of my close friends currently resides. We ended up dining at a local pizza joint called Valentino’s, which to my surprise was delicious. I do not know if I’m bias or not, the food was extremely good.

I did not recognize the route we took to get to this place because I am not from that area. However, it did remind me of going into downtown Seguin where all those square shops are located. I think I was near the square or maybe part of the square. It was pleasing to the eye when we pulled up to this pizza place. It reminded me of an old hangout spot you always see in older movies like grease, and footloose. It had that vintage feel in my opinion. The sign outside the building was a little weird and not really pleasing to MY eyes. When I think of a pizza place I do not visualize hearts in the name. I do understand that the place is called “valentino’s” which kind of symbolized Valentine’s Day, but it was what I was expecting. It was not loud outside the building, but there were plenty of people out and about. I’m sure there are plenty of places to shop around this pizza joint. That does explain the amount of people walking around outside.

As soon as we entered the building, we were greeted and seated. That was a plus to not have to wait on service. The environment inside reminded me of a family owned business. It was extremely warming to see how friendly the waiters and waitresses were.

Pizza can either be amazing or unsatisfying. I was not disappointed when I dove into their cheese bread sticks and pepperoni pizza. The cheese breadsticks were buttered to perfection, and were fluffy just like a pizza. I, honestly, could not get over how great these cheese bread sticks tasted. I think it was because they use provolone cheese instead of the classic mozzarella. The cheese was gooey, just like I like it, and did not slide off the bread like other pizza places. The pizza was awesome because the sauce they used was sweet enough to make a difference in the taste. It complimented the pizza as a whole really well. I would order these two items over and over again. I’m extremely happy with me decision to go to Valentino’s with my buddy. 



8 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the sign; it doesn't look like it belongs to a pizza joint at all! The pizza and cheese sticks sound good, though. Were the amounts of sauce and cheese on the pizza balanced? Some pizzas have too much sauce and not enough cheese and vice versa. Do they serve personal pizzas as well? Were there any pizza toppings that were unique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks very much like it would be a old hang out in a classic movie. Did the inside have the same heart theme as the outside sign? The cheese bread sticks look delicious and would definitely be something I would try. It was great to hear that it was different from other pizza places because the cheese didn't fall off when you try to eat it like it does at most pizza restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of that pizza look so good. Do they have other things to eat there like salad or spaghetti? Is it a sit down and order type place, or do you order at the counter? When I think of a pizza joint, I picture ordering right at the counter because the one we used to have in my hometown was like that. What did the inside look like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was it difficult to find? Sounds like it might have been a little bit. What was the atmosphere like inside? Too loud or comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was the pizza good enough that you would drive out to San Marcos again for a round two? What did you mean by saying you might be biased towards this place? Why would this be the case? That just seemed a bit out of place to me. Your pictures look great. They make me really want some pizza right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made the food sound so delicious! With it being a square, was parking difficult? Other than pizza, what other Italian specialties did you notice? Did they play have a lot of patrons? Did you go during lunch time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, I'm glad you included the picture of the outside. It's one thing to describe the outside, but you also allowed the readers to visualize what you meant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog has very good pictures of the pizza and food. How was the staff warm and welcoming? The first picture I think could use some cropping to remove the cars from the picture. I will be sure to keep valentinos in mind next time I'm in San Marcus.

    ReplyDelete