Friday, July 10, 2015

Italian Close to Home? Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant and Pizza!

Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant and Pizza!

Giuseppe’s Italian Restaurant is conveniently located off of highway 123 in near Chili’s and Starbucks. I chose this restaurant for its location and the fact that I was utterly shocked when I discovered that Seguin had an Italian restaurant. I love Italian food, yet the only place that I have had it before was Olive Garden. Thus, I knew that I needed to try Giuseppe.

From the outside it doesn’t appear to be much, just a huge dark yellow building. However, once you step inside it’s like a whole new world! The walls are decorated by painting that was clearly done by hand, making the atmosphere feel like you walked into a vineyard with blue skies. You are immediately welcomed by the waiter and seated in a timely manner.  We started with fresh bread rolls that still had steam pouring off of them, making the entire table smell like fresh bread.

The cover of the menu looked inviting but once I opened it, it was overwhelming with all of the writing. It was helpful though because each dish that they has contained a small description of what the dish included as well as what sides were came with it. I had ordered the Chicken Cremora Mushrooms that was a sautéed chicken breast with mushrooms in a creamy white wine sauce over Spaghetti Pasta. 


 The food looked very appealing was set to please the eyes. The color of the sauce was a beige color with a hint of the green from the spinach and the pasta added a more of a white color to the dish. The pasta was in the bottom, but each noodle was smothered in the mixture of white wine sauce and spinach. The spinach was full cooked and there wasn’t a crunchy texture to it at all. From the sight of it, I was really surprised that the flavor of the spinach drowned out all the other flavor of the dish because there was a lot of it, yet the chef was really great at balancing out the flavor. The sauce was in fact creamy in texture and had an amazing flavor that made your taste buds scream for more after each bite! The plate came with a house salad and I also had a slice of the homemade plain cheesecake. The cheesecake was really firm at first but once you dig into it with the fork it seems to melt in your mouth!

My boyfriend had ordered the Veal Piccata and it tasted okay to me, it seemed to have a tad bit too much lemon but other than that it was good. He thought that it had too much sauce for the amount of pasta that he had and that there wasn’t much color to the dish.
 I would order this entrée again! I like the Chicken Alfredo from Olive Garden, yet this place gives Olive Garden a run for their money in my book. I will go back because the food was delicious, the service was attentive, it had a welcoming atmosphere, and the portions for the most part all seemed to work together. It is a little on the pricy side but if you are willing to explore and expand your food pallet; it is definitely a place you want to visit! :)



6 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Seguin had an Italian restaurant either! How did the chef balance out the flavor of the spinach? How was the cheesecake plated? I'll have to check Giuseppe's out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audra, the dish had quite a bit of spinach but the creamy white wine sauce seemed to be just as strong as the spinach so it was very balanced. Even though they both are strong in flavor the overall flavor of the dish wasn't overwhelming. When choosing the cheesecake you walk up to the cooler and literally choose the dessert you would like, tell the waiter, and they put it on a plate and bring it to you! It was awesome!

      Delete
  2. I am all about trying out Italian food anywhere. How were the bread rolls? Were they soft or crunchy, served with just butter, or did they give you oil and vinegar to dip it in as well? Also, what were the prices and service like? It sounds like the atmosphere created an old country Italian vibe; did the service contribute to that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sentence about the bread made my mouth water. I'd also like to know more about what it was like. How did your boyfriend like the restaurant? It sounds like he might not reorder his dish again. Did the wordy menu make it harder to choose your order?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually cool reading two different perspectives for the same restaurant. Especially the view on how readable the menu was. I also like you compared it to an Italian restaurant most everyone might have had an experience with as to offer a good comparison. I had never heard of this restaurant before but now I especially want to try their bread! You described the food very well. I'd also like to know more about prices and maybe anything else that stood out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your description of your dish, It feels complete and is informative. Did you happen to take more pictures. I would like to see more pictures. I feel this would add to the blog tremendously. Would you consider ordering the pizza?

    ReplyDelete