Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Best Burger Joint in Texas! Freiheit Country Store


I love to eat at old restaurants that still have their old charm, so that’s why I chose to eat at Freiheit Country Store. Freiheit Country Store is a small burger joint located in New Braunfels, Texas.  It is located off FM 1101 right by the new Resolute Hospital. I was driving to go check out the new hospital when I noticed this restaurant and how old the outside of it looked and I was getting hungry so I decided that I was going to give it a try. As I was walking into the restaurant I started to notice how old the place really was. The building still had the original windows, wood floors, the bar, and also the cash register. I also noticed how crowded the restaurant was so I knew I had to be in a great place. As I was waiting to be seated, I started to talk to couples that were regulars to the place and they began to tell me a little about the place. The restaurant was built in 1889 and used to be the general store for the people who lived in the surrounding community. The store was also used as a gas station and even a post office at one point but eventually became a restaurant.  The waitress that seated me was very nice and welcoming. The waitress asked if I had been here before and would I like her to explain the menu to me. I thought that was very nice of her but I wanted to take a look through the menu and would need some time.  As I was looking through the menu I noticed that it was well organized and had a lot of different options to go with. When the waitress came back around to ask if I was ready, I asked her what they were well known for and she said their burgers were the best. So I took her word for it and ordered a bacon cheeseburger and fries. As I waited for my burger, I noticed everybody around me seemed to love the place. A lot of tables that sat down seemed to have been there before and continue coming back. Not long after I ordered my food arrived. The waitress sat down this huge basket, and in that basket was a big juicy burger and crispy fries. The smell of the food was amazing and I could’ent wait to take a bite out of it. Turns out that the burger was amazing! As I was eating it I could tell that everything was fresh. The meat tasted especially good and you could tell that the meat was not a frozen patty. The fries were also delicious and were hand cut and not frozen.  After I finished my entire meal I went and checked out and the manager was their checking all the customers out. The manager was very nice asking how the food was and if I enjoyed it. I replied back that the food was great and also the customer service was great. As I was leaving I thought about how unique the place was and how delicious the food was. My overall experience at Freiheit Country Store was amazing! I can’t wait to go back and take some of my friends with me! I would highly recommend people to go there and try their burgers soon!
Freiheit Bacon Cheeseburger with jalapenos! 

9 comments:

  1. I have passed by this place several times, and just like you described, it is usually packed. I have noticed on weekend they have live music playing outside. I am not sure if it is because an event or if it just part of the venue. Thanks for sharing the details of the history! Definately makes me think twice about stopping next time I am in the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was waiting on my food I did notice that there was a chalk board with all the upcoming events on there, so as I could tell some of the events were to the public! Also there was a sign about renting the deck area, so I would assume that a lot of people rent the deck out for events.

      Delete
  2. I always pass by this place when going to Creek Side to go shopping but I've never stopped. I, too have always noticed that it is packed, one of the reasons I have never stopped in. Was there a long wait time? Or were you able to just go in and sit? I guess I'll have to try it since you said it was good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to stop right at lunch time so it was pretty crowded, but I was seated within 10 minutes after giving my name so it wasn't that bad. Plus the food is amazing so it is well worth the wait!

      Delete
  3. This sounds delicious! I love older restaurants, and they normally have wonderful food. What were some of the common menu items? It seems like the history of the place is pretty great as well and is definitely something worth checking out! Thanks for the suggestion and for explaining it's location, as it seems like it could be difficult to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you tried this place out, because I have always wanted to try it. What other options did they have on the menu? I love a good burger, but I am usually not interested in them at restaurants. Was it anything like Centerpoint Station?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate the description of the history of this place! Its history reminds me of a bbq place by my house called Cele store. And the picture.....sooo delicious looking! Im going to make a trip to try one of those burgers by the end of the summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good bacon cheese burger! The picture says it all but your description of the burger makes me want to try it even more. The interior of the restaurant sounds like a place you can be comfortable in. If you really like burgers I recommend a place called Monster Burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a fine line between vintage and run-down. I am not sure which one to appropriate. I could use a bit more elaboration on the restaurant itself, the atmosphere, like right now I am wondering if it has A/C? haha! I mean, if the food is as good as you say, I will definitely be checking it out, but maybe to go...

    ReplyDelete